Thank you for considering hiring our venue, All revenue goes towards supporting local artists/creatives.
We've been open since August 2014 and have held over 600 events* in our venue. We keep our rates affordable because hosts generously follow these steps; helping keep our operational costs down, and our prices affordable to the creative industries.
Visit the venue (when possible) and decide if it will work for your event.
We suggest making a facebook event and making us a co-host. Then send any publicity material we can share.
The event host is responsible for the following:
1) Arrive 30min-1hr before the event to set up and greet guests.
2) Clean up after the event. This includes removal of all trash to the bins in the alleyway and returning the space to its original condition.
3) Ensure that guests do not wander through members private studios or use their property.
4) Remain for the duration of the event and ensure that all guests have exited the building afterward.
5) Lock up and arm the alarm if you’re the last one to leave.
Advertising a public event?
Send event details to Linwood.Central.Heathcote@ccc.govt.nz and request for it to be included in the local Week-In-Brief newsletter.
Arts Canterbury Newsletter:
Email Vivienne at firstname.lastname@example.org to include your exhibition in their newsletter
Facebook Pages and Groups:
Think about who is already connected to your audience, send your event link to those facebook pages and groups and ask to share it with their audience.
"Hi, we're hosting this event at XCHC, your community may find it interesting if you'd like to share it on your page. Thanks"
*Events include: storytelling, presentations, product launches, wine/food tastings, concerts, magic shows, theatre, dance, community conversations, panel discussions, film, showcase events, art exhibitions, workshops, pop-up shops, night markets, design meet-ups, photoshoots, video shoots, poetry readings, open-mics, literary events, singer-songwriter performances, AGMs, private parties, and many more.