THE TREATY & BICULTURAL AWARENESS
May 2016 courses: 1-5pm either Wed 18th, Sat 21st, Wed 25th, or Sat 28th
Course Fee $50 Certificate provided.
To register contact Cathy Sweet at 0272568908 or email@example.com
A short course at an introductory or refresher level to learn about the relevance of the Treaty today and being bicultural. Course content covers:
- Settlers: Polynesian voyagers, migrations from Great Britain
- Local history: early 1800’s Otautahi /Chch,
- The Treaty of Waitangi: context and interpretations
- Post 1840: policies and processes of land acquisition
- Being Bicultural: the cultural understanding journey
Cathy Sweet is an experienced tutor and creates a positive learning environment. This workshop is a prerequisite for Introduction to Bi-cultural Practice being run for 3 afternoons during June.
Cathy Sweet: BA Education, PG Dip Professional Supervision in Bicultural Practice